1. Who is eligible to apply for the Yayasan TSLSC Scholarship?
- Malaysian citizens.
- Open to students who will be undertaking or who are currently pursuing an undergraduate degree course at any Public or Private University/ College based in Malaysia.
- Must have obtained a confirmed placement from an institution of higher learning.
2. What are the criteria for the recipients of the scholarship?
- Achieved minimum academic requirements as mentioned in our website.
Upper Second-Class Honours or equivalent.
- STPM/A Level - minimum 2As
- Unified Examination of Chinese Schools (UEC-SM3)
- Foundation - CGPA of minimum 3.5
- Australian TER - minimum 90.0
- First/Second year undergraduates must have a current CGPA of at least 3.3,
- Possess outstanding co-curricular achievements and leadership qualities.
- Not presently holding any other scholarship/ loans that requires bonding.
3. Will the scholarship holders be bonded?
Upon successful completion of studies, scholarship recipients will be required to serve their service bond at any location assigned by IOI Group for a period depending on the duration and value of the scholarship award.
4. What is the amount that the scholarship covers?
It covers tuition fees and living costs.
5. Is manual application accepted?
Yes. Manual applications can be sent to:
The Secretariat - Scholarship Awards
Yayasan Tan Sri Lee Shin Cheng
Level 29, IOI City Tower 2, Lebuh IRC,
IOI Resort City,
62502 Putrajaya, Malaysia.
6. Am I allowed to switch my area of study after obtaining the scholarship?
The decision will be made at the discretion of the Board of Trustees.
7. How do I know that Yayasan TSLSC has received my application?
A confirmation email will be sent once we have received your application. If you have not received a confirmation email or received an error message during/after submitting your application, please save the screen capture of the error page/message and send it to email@example.com.
8. How is the selection process for the scholarship programme?
Candidates will be screened and shortlisted within a month after the closing date and notified via phone and email to attend an interview session. For shortlisted candidates living in West Malaysia, a Skype video interview will be conducted.
9. When can I check my application status?
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted by phone. If you do not hear from us after 2 months, your application is deemed unsuccessful.
10. How will Yayasan TSLSC disburse the funds to me if my application is approved?
Scholarship disbursement will be directly remitted to student bank account and student will be responsible to make payment to their university accordingly.
11. Is there a minimum grade that students will need to maintain as a scholar?
Recipients of the Yayasan TSLSC scholarship’s results are monitored to keep up to date with their progress. Scholars are expected to maintain good grades to uphold the standards expected of our scholars. (CGPA 3.00 and above)
12. Can I send in my application after the closing date?
Applications will not be accepted after the closing date. Students who are awaiting Unit Pusat Universiti (UPU) results may apply without an admission/ offer letter.
13. If my first application was unsuccessful, can I resubmit my application?
Yes. You may resubmit your application for future openings.
14. Who can I contact regarding my scholarship application/ any other queries?
Enquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or contacted at 03-8947 6605.